BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Deployment Day






Deployment Day Came and Gone TWICE! How does it come twice you ask? Drew was due to deploy on the 13th of this month. We all (girls, drew, and I) got there before 8am and we were out there ALL Day most of the day spent outside in the 104 degree heat. the last 2 hours they opened the gym. It was a hard and long day for everyone as family members and soldiers were saying there good byes. At about 4pm they formed up and then they annouce there was a problem with the plane and they would not be leaving till tomarrow. We were all kinda puzzled but thrilled to have just 1 more day. So after 11 hours we were able to go home for 1 more night together. The next day we left the girls with my grandpa who was staying with us as it was really hard with the girls and kylie was got sick because of the heat. The 14th wasnt as long as the 13 and they were on the bus at noon. I was sad that the time had come and I tried my hardest not to cry and I didnt until I got in my car to drive away leaving my husband there on a bus leaving. I wished I could have stayed and watch the buses pull away but it would be that much harder to watch and I was trying to stay strong and not show how upset I was. Pictures are form the 13th drew gave kenzie a dog tag with his picture on it and it says My Daddy My Hero on the front and on the back has his unit patch and says Daddys Girl. She loves it and is so proud of her Daddy (we would have gave kylie 1 but she is still too little)

0 comments: